- Be extra cautious when you go outside to inspect for damage after a storm. Downed or hanging electrical wires can be hidden by trees or debris, and could be live.
- Never attempt to touch or move downed lines, and keep children and pets away from them.
- Do not touch anything power lines are touching, such as tree branches or fences.
- Always assume a downed line is a live line.
- Call GRICUA at (520) 796-0600 to report downed power lines or other outage-related problems.
Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- Flashlights - Keep a flashlight handy. Do not use candles in a power outage or other emergency.
- Radio - A battery operated radio is an important source of critical weather and emergency information during a storm.
- Extra batteries
- Bottled water
- Manual can opener
- Extra blankets
- Battery powered or windup alarm clock