In order to provide our customers with consistent reliable electric service, GRICUA must perform maintenance on its electrical infrastructure. To perform this maintenance safely, GRICUA will, from time to time, be required to turn off the power in designated work areas for a short time. We will provide advance notice of these planned outages as outlined below.
- Notice, including the date, time and length of the outage, will be given 24 hours in advance.
- Notice will be delivered to affected homes via door knockers and at the same time, a GRICUA representative will attempt to make contact with the residents at the home.
- GRICUA, as a courtesy, will also notify the appropriate District Service Centers.
- A GRICUA representative will make contact with the commerical customer to arrange the date, time and length of the outage.
Planned Outage Preparation Checklist
- Make sure food stays as cold as possible by keeping refrigerator and freezer doors closed.
- Protect computers, televisions and other sensitive equipment by unplugging them.
- Plan to temporarily move individuals who may be vulnerable to higher temperatures.